A traditional entrecôte comes from the rib area of the carcass. The steak is seared with a flavourful sauce of red wine and shallots, perfect for pairing with a Bordeaux-style wine.
This particular style of preparing beef and lamb, is so common in the Bordeaux region that it is simply referred to as à la bordelaise. A simple dish that results in a rich, butter, and rather fat, sauce that complements the cut of beef.
In the city of Bordeaux itself you will find restaurants that not only specialise in this meal, but that actually dedicate their menu to it. One thing is for sure, if you are a meat lover then you cannot leave the region without at least a taste!
More Bordeaux Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Bordeaux from June 15th 2020
- Happy New Year from Bordeaux!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeBordeaux.com
- Cat swimming lessons in Bordeaux
- Bordeaux in France's top 5 destinations 2019
- Elton John's Farewell Tour in Bordeaux 2019