The third Thursday in November is when this year's Beaujolais hits the shelves and is cause for celebration across France.
Beaujolais Nouveau is a red wine made from Gamay grapes, fermented for just a few weeks before being being distributed to bars, shops and restaurants.
The wine may not be to everyone's taste but "Beaujolais Nouveau Day" has become an annual tradition, with many bars in Bordeaux holding wine tasting sessions.
More Bordeaux Insights...
- Cat swimming lessons in Bordeaux
- Bordeaux in France's top 5 destinations 2019
- Happy New Year from Bordeaux!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeBordeaux.com
- Elton John's Farewell Tour in Bordeaux 2019
- EasyJet Easter 2019 flights go on sale Sept 20th