The Battle of Castillon sealed the end of the Hundred Years' War on 17th July 1453. For 1.5 hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings during July and August, you can enjoy this dramatic re-enactment just a stone's throw from the original battlefield.
This fantastic spectacle includes over 600 actors and 50 horseback riders, complete with stunts, special effects and explosives and is considered to be one of the biggest spectacles in the Aquitaine region.
The venue, Alienor's Village, opens at 18:30 offering medieval fights and jousting, dance demonstrations and theatre scenes, as well as activities for children, wine tastings, a market and food.
- Quai Camille Pelletan
More Bordeaux Insights...
- Cat swimming lessons in Bordeaux
- Bordeaux in France's top 5 destinations 2019
- Happy New Year from Bordeaux!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeBordeaux.com
- Elton John's Farewell Tour in Bordeaux 2019
- EasyJet Easter 2019 flights go on sale Sept 20th