With much of the town of Saint Macaire designated as medieval heritage and historical monuments, this is the perfect setting for a wonderful medieval festival.
The imposing ramparts, the fortified gates, the elegant mansions of wine merchants, the arcades of the square Mercadiou, old houses, narrow winding streets, St. Saviour Church and beautiful murals, the priory...
For the quality of its planning and its architecture, Saint-Macaire is a superb setting for the return of a medieval day. This event is open to the public, with street shows and exhibitors, a medieval banquet that will enthral adults and children alike.
More Bordeaux Insights...
- Cat swimming lessons in Bordeaux
- Bordeaux in France's top 5 destinations 2019
- Happy New Year from Bordeaux!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeBordeaux.com
- Elton John's Farewell Tour in Bordeaux 2019
- EasyJet Easter 2019 flights go on sale Sept 20th