Located in Gujan-Mestras, capital of oyster of Arcachon Bay, Oyster House invites you to discover the art of oyster farming, production techniques and the history of the oyster over centuries.
With seven ports along its coastline, numerous oyster farms, the school of the sea, traditional huts and oyster tastings, Gujan-Mestras is the capital of oyster of Arcachon Bay.
Inside the museum you will find a film about the history of the area, you can get a guided tour of the museum or if you prefer you can take an independent walk through the displays.
- Families & Kids
- Children welcome
- Free parking
- Public car-park (outdoor)
- Disabled access
- Children's Activities
- Port Larros
More Bordeaux Insights...
- Happy New Year from Bordeaux!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeBordeaux.com
- Cat swimming lessons in Bordeaux
- Bordeaux in France's top 5 destinations 2019
- Elton John's Farewell Tour in Bordeaux 2019
- EasyJet Easter 2019 flights go on sale Sept 20th