Founded in 1864 this stunning church was built in a Byzantine and Tuscan style and it houses one of the rarest statues of the Virgin of the Advent (the pregnant Virgin) in France.
The church is also remarkable for the quality of its frescos, which are visible when you visit the interior. Originally built as a chapel to the convent of Dominicans, it was designed by Bordeaux architect Louis Garros.
In 1928 the church was enlarged as it became the main parish church for the district. Much of the building was renovated an restored in 1993.
- 1 Allée de Paris
More Bordeaux Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Bordeaux from June 15th 2020
- Happy New Year from Bordeaux!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeBordeaux.com
- Cat swimming lessons in Bordeaux
- Bordeaux in France's top 5 destinations 2019
- Elton John's Farewell Tour in Bordeaux 2019