Le Porge Ocean has become a 'local' beach for the summer holidays (from Bordeuax. Much less known to tourists as the other towns of Lacanau, Biscarosse and Arcachon, it certainly doesn't have the same appeal as these places but it does allow you to avoid the traffic jams if you are travelling fro the city.
On the way back to Bordeaux, it is always nice to make a stop in the small towns nearby. For example, in Le Porge, there is the Pick-Up Café which is very nice and just 2 minutes walk, you can also enjoy the regularly organized market in the main square.
More Bordeaux Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Bordeaux from June 15th 2020
- Happy New Year from Bordeaux!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeBordeaux.com
- Cat swimming lessons in Bordeaux
- Bordeaux in France's top 5 destinations 2019
- Elton John's Farewell Tour in Bordeaux 2019